Re: And one MORE thing...

From: Adam A Suchocki <Twilight@world.std.com>
> I like that situation better than having a 30-40 win season, and no chance
> for improving personel in the future.

Come on you can't belive that..last season was a piece of crap. Most of us
rooted for the team to loose so that we could land a high draft pick.

>As tooo the Eric Williams comments, if he was simply raising Eric Williams
>trade value - why on earth was he traded for two second round draft picks?
>I have a hard time believing that he couldn't be moved for more than that.

We may think that Williams has great potential and all that jazz, but
clearly
coaches and managers don't. It is ridiculous to presume that RP & Wallace
did not try hard enough to get a better deal.

 > Its about Pitino lying to his players and their agents.  When it comes
time to
> negotiate a new contract with Antoine next year, I think it becomes an
> issue about how credible Pitino is in his promises to agents and players.
> Antoine may not want to re-sign with Boston after seeing his best friend
> get shipped out for a pair of second round picks, especially if Chicago is
> offering him 9 million + a year.

RP's job is to get the best deal that he can get for the Boston Celtics and
he is
trying to do just that.  If Antoine doesn't sign a long term contract with
the celtics
 he will be traded for somebody who will, it is as simple as that. Look at
Garnett
 for instance after all the courting by the Timber Wolves, he is showing
them the
middle of a doughnut.
                                                      - MIshra