Re: And one MORE thing...

Adam Stated:

> Your mixing up the time order hear.  Pitino made the comments about
Williams after making the draft picks.  he announced to everyone at the
draft party that Williams was not to be traded, and the crowd cheered like
crazy.  this was not a draft bluff, this was a PR move, and nothing else.

Adam time order is irrelevant.  Whether it is at draft time with Mercer or
Williams, or afterward with Williams and Brown, if a coach does not see a
player fitting in their program, and there trade value is low, they need to
hype how improved they are (like in Brown's case) to build some interest
with someone. In Wiliams case he probably could have got more in a trade
but it looks like he would not have been able to get the players he wanted
like Mills, or maybe there is still some additional maneuvering to occur.

Whether he lies or not, I don't know how anyone can not like the changes he
has made unless all the moves blow up in his face, but could we get any
worse than last year ?