Pitino Approach

As someone else mentioned I really like Pitino's approach to re-building by
signing role players he think can make a major contribution.  While other
teams are blowing their cap by signing single players, Pitino has totally
revamped the Celtics.
Bringing in a Brian Grant, McDyess , Kemp etc would not have helped much.
This team needed the complete overhaul they have received.  As others have
mentioned, all it takes is 2-3 starts, and some key role players which is
what Pitino believes he has put together.

Walker, Billups, & Mercer are the three players we hope will take us to the
top in a few years.  If they live up to their challenge, and Knight ,
Declercq, & Mills can provide what they were brought in for, we should have
a very competitive team in 2-4 years. Pitino has built an agressive,
athletic running team that can run with anyone, which is something we could
not have said about last year team.

Some key areas to watch are if Barros or Brown (or whomever they are traded
for) can provide some veteran leadership, Walker can keep a positive
attitude and work ethic, how quickly Billups & Mercer adapt to the NBA, and
if Ellison or somebody else can provide some help in the low post.