Re: Could McDyess be the Next Celtic???

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997 JASPINDLER@aol.com wrote:

> the agent for McDyess is Arm Tellum, also the same
> agent for Chris Mills and Tyus Edney.........hmmm.....let's say for the sake
> of argument that a deal is proposed with the Nuggets for EW and Barros or Dee
> for McDyess

Lets examine this some more.  Would you trade 1 of the 2 most
athletic PF's in the world...  for Dana?  Or even E.W. + Dana?
Even if Denver knows he'll leave, they can get much more.

..... let's also say that in conversations with the agent, an
> alternative is proposed, for example a 2 part trade such as phase 1 send EW
> to Denver, clear the cap, sign Mills and Edney, phase 2 trade Barros or Brown
> and let's say a couple of second round picks in 1999 and 2001 to Denver for
> McDyess. (note that the salaries are a match) Now Phase 3 sign the new
> rookies Mercer and Billups, and finally sign McDyess for the megabucks.
>  Voila as they say in France.....we have completed our dealing, and can
> resign Mr. Walker to anything we want after next season.

Good idea, but maybe a more likely scenario, is after the season
starts, the 2nd Denv/Bos deal would go something like BILLUPS and
Pervis for Mcdyess.

1.  Billups is a legend in Denver, and the Nuggets desparately need
    to fill seats.  Denver has the worst pt guard situation in the
    league, and probably won't accept Dana as a temp fix.

2.  Denver already drafted a Mcdyess clone this year.  And could
    use a veteran center.  A net trade value of Mcdyess for
    E.W., Billups, Ellison seems fair.

3.  I really, really don't think that super scout Wallace
    would make that Williams trade without something else brewing.

4.  Hasn't Pitino been touting Brown as the best player in
    camp?  And hasn't mentioned a thing about (or even met with)
    Chauncey, who's been spending his time at home in Denver?
    Maybe Pitino is thinking of starting the year w/ Dee at
    the point.

Even though Billups defense/size is perfect for the future C's,
I could live w/ a Brown/Barros/Edney combo for a while
if we secured Mcdyess.