Re: Could McDyess be the Next Celtic???

.

> 3 small guards is a liability in this league.  M.L. reinforced this for
us.  Pitino has some moves in the works.  Expect Never-in-Service and Dee
to be moved.  Billups is probably close to untouchable at this point, as
are Mercer and Walker.

I don't think any Celtic is untouchable even Walker, Mercer & Billups.  In
this business if you have the chance to improve your team you have to pull
the trigger based on your talent evaluation skills.  That is what Pitino &
Wallace get the big $$ for.  I would have no problem moving Billups or
Walker in a deal to get McDyess. I just see problems ahead with Walker when
his contract is up, and Rick probably knows him as good as anyone.

As far as the small guard issue you are correct, the only problem is from
people who have seen Billups, they say he is actually 6'1 or 6'2 at the
best.  So maybe as another person mentioned, Mills will be the 2, Mercer &
Bowen the 3, allowing us to play a small point like Edney due to Mills
defensive ability.

.