Please remain calm

I've noticed a raised level of concern from some members of this list =
over the past few weeks.  I think its a bit premature to condemn =
anything that RP has done since taking over -- considering they have yet =
to play an exhibition game. =20

Much criticism has been directed at the free agent acquisitions made by =
RP, but IMHO I think he's managed to build a solid set of role players =
to compliment Walker, Billups, and Mercer.  RP got rid of some bad =
attitudes and some fan favorites in the process for what some people =
think was less than market value.  Perhaps this is true, perhaps not -- =
who are we to say for certain?  I've never tried to negotiate an NBA =
trade or contract, have you?  : )

It seems to me that RP is simply doing the best he can given the hand he =
was dealt.  I think its rather remarkable what he's been able to achieve =
already.  He's managed to dump some of the players that did not fit his =
style of play or philosophy and replace them with players who do.  He's =
still got some work to do (Barros, Brown, Ellison), and I am curious to =
see how he deals with them.

Bear in mind that in today's NBA, you only need 2 all-stars on a team =
and surround them with role players (see Bulls 1996-97, Rockets 1994-95 =
as well as this year's Jazz and Heat teams).  If RP has done his =
homework, perhaps we have already 2-3 potential all-stars in waiting?  =
Perhaps RP has other moves up his sleeve? =20

RP is a slick character and I wouldn't put much stock in virtually =
anything he says publicly.  RP is a master motivator and plays mind =
games with opponents using the media as his tool.  Unfortunately that =
often times will mislead the fans and give them impression that they =
were lied to (which is true).  As we have already seen RP can take any =
situation and put a positive spin on it.  He simply will use any =
advantage he can get.  Having said that, I do think that he's an =
extremely shrewd businessman and has a winning long term plan. =20

Pitino has proven himself to be a winner, and I think that kind of track =
record merits a _little_ faith.  His plan for rebuilding is supposedly 3 =
years, so I am willing to give him that time to deliver on that promise. =
=20

My $.02
Brian
Optimistic about the future of his team