late-breaking news

OK, so its the off-season and its pretty quiet. But I kind of got a kick
out of this week's news items.

1) DNA evidence links Marv Albert to assault. Blood recovered from victim's
back and semen samples from skin and underwear match Albert's with a 1 to
2.6 billion chance of being someone else. But as I figure it there are at
least 4 billion people on the planet -- so that's only a 2/3 chance that it
could be him.

2) Scottie Pippen's foot injury is more serious than at first imagined. His
foot was injured during the playoffs, and is still painful several months
later. A good sign --- not. Thank goodness Rick had the keen foresight to
scuttle this off-season trade.

3) Mullin traded to Indiana. What a great basketball player. Injuries have
slowed him up, but I bet he is exactly the kind of player LB would love to
coach.

4) Kevin Garnett reportedly declines 6-year 102 million offer from the
T-wolves. I laughed out loud when I saw this... 102 million? Is that like
in DOLLARS? That's $16 million a year! ha ha ha ha ha ha ...give me a
break. These 21-year olds sure have a sense of humor. ha ha ha Shaq -II I
guess..... next thing you know he'll be missing free throws... ha ha ha

5) Pitino's workout schedule scrutinized by players union. The question
here is whether these pre-season workout sessions are really "voluntary" or
not. Is Rick docking the pay of those who don't show up and/or paying those
who do? Come on.. we don't want to get too ambitious here. Workers rights
and all that.

These stories and more available at Nando net:

http://www2.nando.net/newsroom/sports/bkb/1997/nba/nba/feat/nba.html

- -Marc