the rumored Pippen trade

>2) Scottie Pippen's foot injury is more serious than at first imagined. His
>foot was injured during the playoffs, and is still painful several months
>later. A good sign --- not. Thank goodness Rick had the keen foresight to
>scuttle this off-season trade.

I'm not sure Rick had the foresight to nix the trade.  I read on PointCast
NBA News that the deal breaker was when Pitino could not get Van Horn.  He
evidently was going to trade Van Horn and the 6th pick for Pippen, but when
Philly took him, Chicago backed away.

Rumors, rumors...

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University		704 265 8696 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu