Predictions

As we look at personnel and make predictions about next year and what
will transpire, I have let my mind drift back to last year.  Many on the
list were upset thinking that LA was going to win because they had
obtained Shaq.  I believe it is very difficult to predict team
chemistry.  In response to TJ's question, I think I predicted 30 wins.
But there is no way that we can predict how well this team is going to
play together.  I am sure that fundamentally, they will play much
better.  But they could end up being a decent team and making a decent
run at the playoffs if they gell.  On the other hand, they may really
stink.

On Shaq, Iverson and others of great talent, I would like to point out
that basketball is a team game.  One player can not carry a team unless
he plays a complete game.  Shaq does not, and Iverson does not.  Jordan
does.  Unless Shaq ends up playing with Jordan, he may never win a
championship, unless he learns to play all facets of the game.

Players who hang together and play for the team, who are unselfish and
who know their roles win championships.

So the question is, do the players we have do this, or not?  Pressure
will tell.

- --

Peace,

Bentz