Re: Predictions

Gregory Hurst wrote:

> >There haven't been many responses about JoJo's treatment, with the
> >exception of Tom, so I guess you agree that he was treated unfairly.
>
> What happened with JoJo and the Celtics?  I think you are not getting
> Basically, JoJo White had given everything he had to the Boston Celtics.
Though he wasn't the flashiest player at his position, there weren't any
who were more consistent.  On great C's teams featuring such players as
Havlicek and Cowens,  White's scoring average never dropped below 18.1
ppg, with the exception of his rookie season, until injuries caught up
with him during the 77-78 season when it sagged to 14.8 ppg.  He was a
point guard that triggered the fast break with a maestro's precision, and
he knew how to get his teammates the ball in their sweet spots.

One of his other primary strengths ultimately led to his shoddy treatment
toward the end of his career in Boston, especially at the hands of the
media.  He was one of the most durable players in the history of the
sport.  There weren't alot of players who logged as many as 3000 plus
minutes in a season who weren't considered to be superstars.  Havlicek
did it 7 straight years.  White did it for 6.  This took a tremendous
toll on each of them, but JoJo was called into question by some
sportswriters because his heels had started to degenerate and it was
extremely painful running the court.

Here's a guy who had been an instrumental part in bringing 2
championships to Boston, was named Playoff MVP in '76 and always given
100%, having to face ridicule due to injury caused by dedication.  JoJo
was always, and remains today, one of the classiest players to ever wear
the green and white.  If Chauncey Billups is looking for the prototype
Celtic point guard, look no further than to #10.

Cecil