comments

I just finished reading a week's worth of posts and the two statemets that
really caught my attention are:

1.  If we could trade for Shawn Kemp without giving up Billups, Mercer, or
Walker....

I'm not sure but I think two people said this.  And I thought I was the king
of unlikely trade scenarios.  Since when did Seattle decide to give away Kemp
for nothing?

2.  No one should be allowed to make more than $1M per year.

Looks like we have a communist on the list.  But seriously, the problems of
poverty and income distribution are much more complicated that just taking
money from the rich and giving it to the poor.  If Jordan were to make $40M
next year, nearly half of that would come back to the people in the form of
state and federal income taxes.  And if he in turn employs a financial
adviser, nearly half of that income would go to the government.  The problem
as I see it is that we haven't figured out the best way to help people support
themselves.  I would think we as a society need to do more to support job
training and education, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

Back to Celtic's-related material.   I'm sitting here shaking my head,
wondering why Massenburg and Bowen deserve multi-year contracts.  The only
thing I can come up with is that if they do become solid contributors, they
can be resigned without regards to the cap when their contracts expire.  But I
don't think our biggest problem over the next few years will be losing role
players to free agency.  I wouldn't be that unhappy with these signings if
Pitino hadn't signed Travis Knight to such a cap-hogging contract.

Does anyone know when individual tickets go on sale and what the phone number
of the Celtic's ticket office is?  I'm dying to go to the opening night game.
I could just call 411, but I'm lazy.

One more non-Celtics post:  Mishra are you related to Jyoti Mishra, the lead
singer of White Town?

Jeremy