>Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 10:47:07 +0000 (DST)
>From: "J. Mark Estepp" <esteppjm@conrad.appstate.edu>
>Subject: [none]
>

>It might be an interesting discussion during this slow period....  What team
>has the best announcers?
>
>Any comments?

Chuck Hearn of the Lakers is excellent. He knows the players, he has been
around for a long time and is knowledgable about basketball, he is
even-handed and mentions his own team's defects as well as their strenghts
and he is gracious towards the rival teams. However he is almost a little
too low-key at times; funny that he would end up announcing for the
showtime Lakers.

He and Johnny Most must have made quite a contrast!

- -Marc

p.s. a group of NBA all-stars is appearing here in Tokyo next week: Charles
Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Shaquille O'Neal, Dikembe Mutombo, Alonzo Mourning,
and about 10 others are going to play an NBA "all-star" game. Tickets start
at about $80 and go up to about $300 for courtside seats. I tempted, but
somehow can't seem to work up that much enthusiasm for an exhibition game.
Seems more like going to see a bunch of rock stars rather than a basketball
game.