Kemp

Paul Stated:

> There's an article on The Sporting News web site about Shawn Kemp ending
negotiations with The Sonics and moving back to Indiana. He wants out of
Seattle, badly. What do you guys think? Could Pitino put something together
to get Kemp? He makes 3 mil./ year. I hope Rick's been on the phone to
Seattle. He makes 6 mil./year.

The only way Seattle would consider it if we included Antoine Walker in the
offer.  We have little else to really offer that would interest them.
Other teams will have more to offer than the Celtics, and I am not sure
Kemp is the team player that will bring you a championship.  He is a great
talent, but has often disappeared in big games, and is whining about a
contract he must have forgotten he agreed to !  I am tired of athletes
whining that they are underpaid, I don't see any asking to re-negotiate
when they do not perform up to the level they received the contract for,
i.e. Barros, Ellison, Brown, Minor, etc.