Re: Shawn Kemp

> To:            celtics@igtc.com
> Date:          Mon, 4 Aug 1997 00:15:42 -0500
> Subject:       Shawn Kemp
> From:          gh18@juno.com (Gregory Hurst)

> I will go on record
> and say if Shawn Kemp could suit up for the Celtics and we can keep
> Walker, Billups, and Mercer it is show time in the EAST.

How in the world we can get Shawn Kemp, arguably one of the top five
(definitely  ten) players in the league without giving up the only
value we have, i.e. Walker, Billups and Mercer. The only possible
trade the C's could pull off is ALL three of these guys for Kemp, or
maybe two of them plus next year's lottery pick. We all need to step
back into reality and realize that the C's are still a lottery team.
We only have four players that have decent trade value, (add Williams
to the three aforementioned). But we aren't going to make any
(significant) trades before the season.

Mike