Re: Kemp

>Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 14:51:28 -0700
>From: "JLyell" <jlyell@concentric.net>
>Subject: Kemp

[snip]

>The only way Seattle would consider it if we included Antoine Walker in the
>offer.  We have little else to really offer that would interest them.
>Other teams will have more to offer than the Celtics, and I am not sure
>Kemp is the team player that will bring you a championship.  He is a great
>talent, but has often disappeared in big games, and is whining about a
>contract he must have forgotten he agreed to !

I agree that a trade for Kemp is not realistic, and he is a whiner. But as
for disappearing in big games -- I have to disagree. He was magnificent in
the playoffs against Chicago last year - and almost singlehandedly kept
Seattle in the series. Also this guy has gotten better and played smarter
every year he has been in the league. He would be a fantastic addition to
any well-run team. He would also fit in well with Pitino's uptempo style I
think -- but as I said it is not going to happen.

- -Marc