Re: questions need answers or best guesses

> You guys on the east coast could answer this one: Has Larry Brown said
> anything about only coming to Boston if Bird were involved?

Larry Brown said he was honoured to be courted by Larry Bird and the
Celtics

> ...Looking
> forward to working with Bird?...anything that would give you a hint about
> Bird staying in the organization. Has Brown been talking to Bird or
Gaston?

Brown has been talking to Bird and Gaston according to Peter May.

> Why would Bird do this search and then skip town?

Looks like he does not like what the C's want to offer him.

> Now I know that recruiting Brown opens up the job at Indiana, but Brown
was
> going to leave anyway...yes? Did Larry really start the coaching search
at Gaston's
> request without having some sort of agreement with Gaston about his
> position within the organization?

Indiana has always been interested in Larry and they need him their for a
new stadium.

> Why not have ML do it if he's going to stay as GM. Now...don't get me
wrong, I could
> certainly live with Larry Brown and ML Carr in control for a lot of
reasons nobody
> wants to hear anymore..

Don't we know the result of that search he will end up hiring himself
again.

> desires he either got an agreement then and there or his activity with
the
> organization was over. Is it possible he was just talking to Walsh about
> Brown?

ESPN reported that Walsh discussed either coaching or a front office
position with Bird.
                                                          - Mishra