What's going on??

I wonder if the Celtics are now backing away from Bird because he basically
screwed up the job of getting Pitino by his negative comments he made about
the Celtic front office.The marriage may have set a year ago with ML trying
to put the Kentucky type defense and uptempo offense but then when Bird went
to finallize the wedding, basically told Pitino that he really shouldn't
marry the Celtics because of the Bird's percieved front office problems.....

I also wonder what Red meant when he said the front office needs to be
cleaned up. This gets real confusing now it looks like Bird is leaving.
Usually you hire the GM first and then he hires the coach. With coaching
interviewing going on and Bird apparently leaving, it appears that ML is the
GM to stay....