	Hi all, I was just watching WBZ news, and Bob Lobel said that at this
point the Celtics still are in hot pursuit of Pitino, and he is their
number 1
choice. Here is the surprise, the number 2 choice is PHIL JACKSON.
Apparently in his contract, he has a clause that says he can negotiate
with another team while in the playoffs. In addition, Jackson has been
contacted by the Celtics, but no word on if an offer has been made, or if
he is interested.
	As for Bird coaching the Pacers, I would be upset if he left the
organization, but if it is for the good of the team, then I have to accept
it. I am not convinced that Bird would be a great GM, and I really don't
believe he would make a good coach. I think if he took a role as assistant
GM with the C's, that would be great. But I think on this one we have to
not follow our hearts, and be happy for Larry, and his opportunity at
hand. He gets the opportunity to return home, and become a larger part of
an organization, something I don't believe is readily available here in
Boston. We should remember Bird as the player he was, thank him for it,
remeber him as that, and let him move on. You can't live in the past, and
I think that this organization has done it for far to long. It's time for
some new  blood. Lets hope if(and a BIG IF) Jackson comes, maybe he'll
bring along some shooting guard named Jordan! ;-)

Derek