Re: Responses to various

Gene Kirkpatrick wrote:

>My take on Red's interview is that we need to keep the "players" we
>have, not all the bodies, but those who can play.

That's a good point...

>On Jon's excellent defense of our "defenseman," Rick Fox, hurrah!  I
>think he's a real glue man; we certainly need him for his overall play and
>leadership.

He'd be a good player to keep, but i'm not sure that he's a starter at the NBA
level.  He's a great guy to have as a 6th ot 7th man, and a guy to put on
special defensive assignments, but i don't think he's an everyday starter on
an indeal team.

>Plus,  I'm thinking that K. Cato needs serious consideration.  Altho' most
>would not consider him as a #6 pick, I would prefer his talents to the
>uncertainties of Thomas or LaFrentz, maybe even Foyle.  I think Cato will
>be a man in the bigs.

I'm in full agreement here, and i think that Kato is the 2nd best center in
the draft behind Duncan.  Because of that, i think he will go fairly high in
the draft.   Maybe we could meve down to 9 or 10 and still get him, but i
wouldn't go any lower than that.

Jeff