Celtics coaching vacancy.

Looks like the three candidates that have been shortlisted for the C's
coaching vacancy <which despite ML's comments is indeed a vacancy> are 1)
Rick Pitino 2) Larry Brown 3) Bob Hill in that order. The Bob Hill
selection caught me up by surprise, because though San Antonio did well
under him, but in the long run San Antonio is well! screwed salary capwise.
First they got ripped in the Rodman trade, secondly the Knicks forced
Charles Smith on them plus their moves to aquire role players have been
quite unimaginative. Now all this could very well be Popovich's doings, but
Bob Hill has to shoulder some blame too. Amongst the three listed, Hill
will also be the cheapest and my fear is that Gaston might go for him,
hoping the charisma of Bird as GM will be enough to get the fans back.
                                                                 - Mishra