Re: Responses to various

Gene Kirkpatrick <gkir@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us> wrote :

>On Jon's excellent defense of our "defenseman," Rick Fox, hurrah!  I
>think he's a real glue man; we certainly need him for his overall play and
>leadership.

I would agree.  He's probably the closest thing to someone
who plays defense on this team.  And defense was ..... well..... not
our best feature this past year.  If Rick and David (another player
who at least seems to think playing defense is an ok thing to do)
can both be retained, I think they will go a long way to
providing a nucleus for the "new Celtics" to go with Walker
and our new picks.

>Plus,  I'm thinking that K. Cato needs serious consideration.  Altho' most
>would not consider him as a #6 pick, I would prefer his talents to the
>uncertainties of Thomas or LaFrentz, maybe even Foyle.  I think Cato will
>be a man in the bigs.

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone noticed an article in the USA Today
newspaper a few days ago when they commented on the Phoenix
camp.  They rated Cato as one of the stars of the camp.  I think they
said he averaged around 5 blocks per game, and rebounded and scored ok.
We could use a big man that can play defense and block some shots, even
we get Duncan.  If we don't get Duncan, then we *really* need a big shotblocker,
 rebounder, etc.

Hank