Re: Will McDonough's rants

- ----------
> From: Theresa Lee stated
>

> I don't know about you, but between his role the Patriot's debacle and
now> this nonsense below  written by McDonough I am completely turned off
by> him.  For the first time in my life, I am writing a letter to the
editor> (and to McD).  If anyone has seen Fuzzy Zoeller's remarks about
Tiger> Woods, they would know he was NOT kidding.  I have seen them and
even if> Fuzzy thinks he was kidding, he was not.  Fuzzy said, "the little
boy" and> "tell him not to order fried chicken and collard greens." You
see, it would
> be "just kidding" if he was expressing those thoughts to his all-white
golf> buddies.  It would have been a big laugh among that set for sure.  I
LOVE> GOLF, but that it exactly what is wrong with the sport.  It's an
insulated> sport and it needs to have the cover blown off it.  As a women,
I have
> played many sports, but it is in golf that I have been the most
mistreated> because of my gender. I hope McD hears it from the people of
Boston on this> one.  He's gone too far.

> TJL

Mcdonough has a point.  Bird has no real experience that would make him GM
potential, but either do most G.M's, especially M.L.  IMO the key role of a
G.M. is to be able to spot talent either in a draft or through free agency,
as Riley has done with Austin & Voshon Lenard, and Jerry West has done on
many occasions.  Can Bird do this ?  Only time will tell.

As far as Zoellers comments when is the double standard going to end ?
Zoeller & guys like Jimmy the Greek & Al Campanis make little coments and
the media blacklists them, but Keyshawn Johnson can write a book lambasting
the "Slow white" guys like O'Donnell &  Wayne Chrebet(who just happens to
be the teams leading receiver) and nobody says anything.  It is pure
bullshit