Re: Sportszone Rookie of the Year Voting (fwd)

At 10:19 AM 4/22/97 -0800, Nault wrote:
>>Camby, Dampier, Travis Knight and Lorenzen Wright. All 4 logged alot of
>>minutes, and are pretty good shot blockers.
>

>Dampier?  Dampier did not "log a lot of minutes" as you say.  And Knight
>didn't log many minutes either except when Shaq was injured and even then
>Campbell did most of the work at center!

I'm sorry, did you just watch a different NBA season than the one I saw?
Becasue in the one I watched the past 6 months, Rik Smits went didn't play
'til January, and Dampier got alot of minutes during the time Smits was out.
His minutes taped off after Smits returned, but he played in 72 games.

As for Knight, he beat out Sean Rooks as the $haq baqup early in the season.
There was a stretch where he didn't play as much because he hit the
proverbial wall and had a few bumps and bruises. I missed that pick, sine he
only blocked 58 shots in 71 games.

Sure, Campbell played C most of the time, but who says only centers can
block shots? I remember one season when Michael Jordan blocked 101 shots.

|====================================================|
| Jon Michael Hamm 	   JonMichael@Honors.ou.edu  |
|====================================================|
|	 ACTUAL NEWSPAPER HEADLINES BLOOPERS         |
|        * Eye drops off shelf                       |
|        * Miners refuse to work after death         |
|        * Enraged cow injures farmer with ax        |
|        * Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors      |
|      Out of my mind.  Back in five minutes.        |

    "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
      Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car...."