Re: fans chumps

At 07:46 PM 4/23/97 -0400, Caleb J. McArthur wrote:

>> This is a really good question.  The only teams I can think of are the
>> 76ers in 1983 and possibly the 78 Bullets (Was Unseld a superstar?  I
>
>didn't the sixers get Erving in some sort of supplemental draft after the
>merger?  Maybe I am wrong about that.

Close. A financially strapped New Jersey franchise sold Dr. J to the Sixers
for $3 million (maybe nmore, maybe less). And thus begat the Nets woes.

|====================================================|
| Jon Michael Hamm 	   JonMichael@Honors.ou.edu  |
|====================================================|
|	 ACTUAL NEWSPAPER HEADLINES BLOOPERS         |
|        * Eye drops off shelf                       |
|        * Miners refuse to work after death         |
|        * Enraged cow injures farmer with ax        |
|        * Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors      |
|      Out of my mind.  Back in five minutes.        |

    "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
      Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car...."