Re: Sportszone Rookie of the Year Voting (fwd)

At 07:18 AM 4/23/97 -0800, Nault wrote:
>>I'm sorry, did you just watch a different NBA season than the one I saw?
>>Becasue in the one I watched the past 6 months, Rik Smits went didn't play
>>'til January, and Dampier got alot of minutes during the time Smits was out.
>>His minutes taped off after Smits returned, but he played in 72 games.
>
>Oops, I guess I made a bit of a mistake on that one! :(

Eh, we all make mistakes. Just as I thought Knight was the next Mark Eaton
or something...

>>As for Knight, he beat out Sean Rooks as the $haq baqup early in the season.
>>There was a stretch where he didn't play as much because he hit the
>>proverbial wall and had a few bumps and bruises. I missed that pick, sine he
>>only blocked 58 shots in 71 games.
>
>Beating out Sean Rooks isn't really anything to be proud of! ;)  Knight
>isn't really much of a blocker.

A hustle player, yes. A dominant shot blocker, I see now that it is no.
Actually, when the question was popped, I just thought of four 6-10+
rookies, and those were the four that stood out in my mind. Now I'll think
"Dean Garrett, Roy Rogers..." :)

>>Sure, Campbell played C most of the time, but who says only centers can
>>block shots? I remember one season when Michael Jordan blocked 101 shots.
>
>I don't believe I ever said that Centers are the only ones that can block
>shots.  There are lots of Power Forwards, some Small Forwards, and even the
>occasional guard that can block shots fairly well.

My time for an oops. I got the impression from your comments that "since
Campbell played center, Knight couldn't block shots". Well, you know what
happens when you assume, I make an ASS out of U and ME...

|====================================================|
| Jon Michael Hamm 	   JonMichael@Honors.ou.edu  |
|====================================================|
|	 ACTUAL NEWSPAPER HEADLINES BLOOPERS         |
|        * Eye drops off shelf                       |
|        * Miners refuse to work after death         |
|        * Enraged cow injures farmer with ax        |
|        * Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors      |
|      Out of my mind.  Back in five minutes.        |

    "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
      Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car...."