DJ & ML vs. Bird

Hi again.
	I watched the game today, until I couldn't stand it any more, but left
it on to hear what they had to say about the situation.  Tommy says
Brown is a slow down, call out the plays from the sidelines coach and
that would negate everything the Celtics have been trying to build with
a running team.  He wonders if ML would hire a coach like that if he
still is GM.  He even wondered if DJ would be a running game coach.
However, watching the last few games, I think DJ is in the running for
the coaching job, and really can't believe Larry would object to that,
since he and DJ are former players together and Bird always said DJ was
the best he ever played with.  Also, Brown's wife is about to have a
baby, they live on the West coast and she doesn't intend to move east.
I don't want Larry Brown to coach the Celtcs as I've already stated, but
I wouldn't object to Westphal.  I think he might be good for the young
players.  However, Mike Gorman said that DJ has a very good rapport with
the team, too.  Tommy thinks if they don't get Tim Duncan their choice
might well be Battie.  ML had a very long press conference after the
game, said he's taking a week's vacation, then they'll be working on the
draft and talking over all these things.  As soon as they know something
they'll annouce it.  I could very well be wrong, but I think ML will be
staying on as GM and the new coach will NOT be Larry Brown.  Time will
tell.
Dorine