random notes

In message <970414014622_283669831@emout20.mail.aol.com>  writes:

> << Final
>  Bulls bt. Houston 4-3 (Tremendous Rockets resistance to flawless Chicago
>  chemistry eventually fails) >>
>
> I don't give a damn if I'm biased but I refuse to say that the Steers will
> win.  They are going to lose to somebody, I don't care who.  If it's not a
> little obvious, I don't like them.  I can't stand them.  I must sound like an
> anti-Ceeltic fan back in the 80's.
>
> later, Jake

While I can't say I can't stand the Bulls, I do find it incredibly foolish to
just hand the title to them as some are doing including Lupica of NY.  Jordan is
an amazing player, no doubt, but he's not gonna win this thing on his own.  When
it gets down to the Finals, even the Eastern Conference Finals, assuming it's
Miami v. Chicago, Jordan will need the full complement of his supporting cast to
play well.  This was what made the Celtics and Lakers (I hate 'em but respect
'em) of the '80's so great.  Each team had their big 3 and a good nucleus of 3
to 4 others who you knew would step up at the opportune time.  I know, I know,
I'm biased, but there's just no way these Bulls beat either of those 2 teams.

It seems to me that no matter who becomes coach next year the first move as soon
as the season is over is to name Bird GM or whatever title he wants and to hand
the reins over to him.  This is no guarantee that he will come through, but I
think all of us want to see if Larry the GM can approximate the success of Larry
the player.

Assuming we get Duncan (big assumption), who is the outside scoring threat on
this team?  Don't anyone dare say Minor or Day.  Also I say dump, trade, get rid
of as many of the following as POSSIBLE (meaning don't eat anyone's salary
beyond a yr's worth): Ellison, Day, Brown, Brick, Hamer, Radja--in other words
keep: Walker, Williams,  Barros (just to see if he's a fit on next year's team),
Wesley and maybe Fox and that's about it-- and only the last 2 if they sign for
something reasonable--mid range for players at their position because that's all
they are--average to slightly above average (if that) players.

Anybody know why he's called Red--aside from the obvious? I have my theory.

Alright, that's it for now.

Bob