Pitino

 Rick Pitino, on a visit to WBZ Radio's studios in Boston, said he is
100 percent certain he'll return to coach Kentucky for his ninth season and
promised he wouldn't do what former Notre Dame football coach Lou
Holtz and former University of Massachusetts basketball coach
John Calipari did - say one thing and do the opposite.``I can honestly say
I will be back at Kentucky,'' said Pitino.

After I heard these comments, I was very dissappointed and realized how
unlikely it is for him to come to Boston.

So now assuming that Pitino is not coming, who is our second choice for
coach of the Celtics and is it a possibility that Bird would coach next
year?  Bird has said he would like to coach and I think he probably would
coach if he had total control in the organization.  But would Gaston hire him?

What do all of you think?  And do any of you still think Pitino might come?

Also, what do you think about the possibility of Stackhouse coming to Boston?
He is unhappy in Philidelphia and his contract is up at the end of the year.
Jackie MacMullin of NBC said the Celtics should try to get him.  Personnaly,
I think it would be great because we need a shooting guard and Stackhouse,
in my opinion is going to be one of the best in the future.
I also don't think it would be very hard to get him to come, if we get a
couple of great players in the draft and our future looks bright.

I know this is very optimistic, but here is my prediction of what the Celtic
lineup will look like in a couple of years.

Vin Baker-(would like to come to Boston and contract ends in a year or too)
Tim Duncan-(would be great if we got him in the draft)
Antoine Walker-(one of the best rookies this year and a great player to be)
Jerry Stackhouse-(one of the best future shooting guard in league)
Antonio Daniels or Jacque Vaughn-(quality players who could be available to
us                                  in the draft)

I know this is probobly way off, but I feel we can get at least a couple of
these players.

Please send your comments.