Re: Chris Gee's Duncan post

I agree we need some outside scoring threats to make the team complete. We
don't have anyone that is a consistent threat.   Billups could be the
answer, or drop down & take Mcgrady, Willoughby, Cory Carr, Miles Simon,
Reggie Freeman and center  & point backups like Cato or Scot Pollard,
Woolridge or Kiwane Garris. Charles O'bannon is actually not to bad an
outside shooter and very athletic we could get him in the second round to
replace Fox.

- ----------
> From: Chris Littlefield <chrisl@mjr.com>
> To: Celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Chris Gee's Duncan post
> Date: Tuesday, April 08, 1997 12:49 PM
>
> I'm still a couple days behind on my posts so this may have been
addressed.
> However, Mr. Gee (post below) has a point.  Duncan will need to be
> surrounded by some bombers to enhance his ability to work inside.  This
is
> why Van Horn has some appeal, because he presents a 6'10" outside threat
> also capable of working inside.  Of the C's current roster thought to be
> coming back next year, Fox and Wesley are the best outside shooters.
> Walker seems to be doing better in that department but is, if I may say
so,
> far from being a legit outside threat.  Am I missing anyone?
>
> The C's will at some point need a shooting guard with real range.  Having
> player with both size and range, such as Van Horn, would be good.
>
> I posit this idea.  Odds are against the C's getting the #1 pick.  If we
> end up 2nd or 3d and Van Horn is available, take him, then take Adonal
> Foyle (or Battie) for your inside presence with the Dallas pick.
> Inside/outside questions addressed, and size added.  If we get the #1
pick,
> Van Horn will probably not be available at the Dallas pick.  Get a bomber
> guard (either by trade or draft) with it.
>
> Whatchu think?
>
> Chris
>

> >A lot of people have mentioned duncan being mobbed in his last game and
> >the same will happen in the pros because the celts don't have anyone who
> >can shoot  from the outside.  My first point is: Does this make duncan a
> >bad player-NO WAY-if he creates wide open shots for others thqat makes
him
> >an asset to any team and second: For those who are worried about this
does
> >that mean we shouldn't draft him because he will get mugged down low in
> >the nba-NO WAY-we just need to also look to get some people who can
shoot.

> >If Wooden looks at quickness first go ask him to explain Dee Brown.
Maybe