Re: Pitino

I am very hopeful that Pitino will come to the Celtics, but I just read his
answers to people's questions in ESPN's chat, and I am a little worried.
He said that he is happy to be at Kentucky and if he could pick any coaching
position in the world it would be Kentucky.  He also said that Larry Bird
has talked to him about the position, but they have been nothing more than
cassual talks and he has had much more serious talks with other NBA teams
about coaching.  He said people are looking into this more than they should
and that he has no intention of leaving.

After repeated statements to the effect that he would NOT be leaving
Kentucky, Pitino would look pretty bad at this point if he left.  I
think we have to take the man at his word.

I have also heard that Pitino has said that he would come to the Celtics if
Bird was the G.M.  Did he actually say that or is that just a rumor?

Not exactly..........what he said was that he wouldn't CONSIDER it if
Bird weren't the GM.  Not the same as saying that he would come if
Bird were there.  Come to think of it, this is a wierd statement to
make, if he is saying at the same time that he IS NOT COMING.

I guess that I have to wait like everyone else, and let the season
play out.  AHHHHH, isn't it agonizing?

Alfordd@gould.pvt.k12.me.us