Re: Bird & Pitino, etc.

>Marc Lamphier wrote:

>>The team is bad and have a long
>>rebuilding process ahead, and Gaston looms as a major fly in the ointment.
>
>Why do you say this? Has Gaston meddled in the basketball end of the
>operations?

To my knowledge Gaston has never interfered with basketball operations, but
I was referring to his less than favorable image throughout the league.
Given Bird's recent statements one could see how it might be difficult to
get a GM to come to Boston.  Considering that Bird felt he had to use the
media to put pressure on Gaston for this job (saying he'd coach anywhere
else, talking to Pitino, etc.) it makes Gaston look like an idiot for not
using Bird in a greater capacity when Bird clearly wants to.

Given these assumptions, I felt that Gaston was actually a liability in
finding someone from outside the Celtics family as GM.

Brian
C's fan in Minneapolis
"There's a secret to playin' basketball, but I ain't tellin' what it is."
	- Larry Bird