Re: Bird & Pitino, etc.

I just want to go on record and say that I am completely opposed to hiring
Larry Brown.  The one thing that he has proved is that he can't

You said:

>>  Since I believe in Celtic
loyalty I don't want some coach that would almost certainly leave within
three years.  I want someone who is truly in it for the long run.

You're not going to get it.  Even Cousy says (in Cousy on the Celtic
Mystique) that he believes in change for changes sake when it comes to
coaches.  The era of the longterm coach is over; even superstars like Riley
will go within five or six years.  The old order was based on the coach
having absolute power; in the day of the guaranteed contract and the shrunken
talent pool and the lottery and the cap, the coach can only frown a la the
Orlando guy, brian hill, the one who always frowned all the time, and is now
out of a job.