daniels/draft

A little comment on the politics of the draft:

Today Antonio Daniels signed with David Falk.  The first thing his agent
tells him is to skip all predraft camps and only do individual workouts
with interested teams.  This is great advice for him to make more money
but also make it harder for NBA teams to judge talent.  He has all the
physical and mental ability (size, speed, athleticism, and good character
and sound mine) to make in the NBA, but the his only skeptisim is that he
hasn't played against a great level of competition.  If he goes to these
camps, this weakness might be exploited thus making him go down in the
draft.  At around #11, his stock couldn't rise too much, especially above
the 6-7 best players like Duncan mercer etc.  With his physical abilities
he will impress NBA teams at individual workouts and should be a lottery
pick and make millions.  But, the only question is can he perform against
the best competition?

This brings me to another important point:  the importance of drating
players who are quality people on and off the court. For this reason,
Daniels should be considered by a lot of teams even the Celtics.  He is a
great guy with a great attitude and unlike many players he will have a
great respect for the NBA and those that have played before him, unlike an
Iverson and others.  It seems to me that the players who are quality
people have had more succes.  Look at Anfernee vs Webber.  Orlando traded
down to get Hardaway, and yes he came to a better team, but you don't seem
to hear much complaining from him, even now that Shaq is gone.  Webber on
the other hand has been traded, gotten a coach fired and refused to play
center for GS.  I can't believe players complain about their position when
a team is willing to pay them that much money. I would clean the toilets
in the Fleet Center everyday for that money.

Hill vs Kidd.  Grant has come played hard and done whatever has been
asked and has been very succesful.  Kidd has fought with management other
players and has dropped off.

Iverson - Has had success but will be a nuisance for team management in
the future.  He needs an attitude adjustment.

My point is I would rather win with good quality people than obnoxious
and demanding and selfish people.  So Duncan is definetly the man.

Christopher R. Gee