Re: NCAA Final : How bout them 'Cats !

Hank, Miles is 6'5 and very capable of playing both guard positions.  He
had decided to stay for his senior year, but with a week draft on big
guards his stock may never be higher than now.  He is a very disciplined
player, not fancy, but quietly gets the job done as he definitely displayed
in the tournament.  I was hoping we could steal him with the second round
pick but there is probably little chance of that now.

- ----------
> From: Hank Murdoch <murdoch@exo.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: NCAA Final : How bout them 'Cats !
> Date: Monday, March 31, 1997 10:27 PM
>
> Wow, what a game !  I don't normally watch college basketball, but given
> the Celtics upcoming draft choices, I've been trying to see the NCAA
> playoffs, and saw the Final with the Wildcats (East and West).  The best
> game (including pros) I've seen in a long time.  Two closely matched
teams
> well coached, both putting out all their energy, close score, many lead
> changes, etc.
>
> Does anyone know how tall Miles Simon is (or if he'll be in the draft) ?
If
> he's
> tall enough to play in the NBA at whatever position he would fit, he
>  looked talented and smart enough.
> Especially he and Mike Bibby were more effective than anyone else
> I saw at breaking the Kentucky press.  Were these just his all-time best
> games ?  Or is he as good as he looked ?  Same with Bibby but I
understand
> he's not likely to be in the draft for a while.
>
> Also regarding Mercer - I understand from some of the announcer's
comments
> that his play in some of the games I saw wasn't up to his potential.  So
> with the understanding that he may be better than what I saw, he didn't
> play all that impressively when I caught the games he was in.  If he is
> projected to be a shooting guard, would he be quick enough at that spot
in
> the pros ?  Again, these may not have been his best games.
>
> Re : Pitino : I was very impressed with how well coached his team
appeared
> to be.  They seemed well practiced at the type of pressing defense they
> played and well disciplined.  Good signs if Pitino ends up with the
Celts.