Re: M.L. vs. Larry

Bentz stated:
- ----------

> Folks, however you cut the deck ML is a winner.  He won in college, NAIA
> championship at Guilford, and in the pros, Celtics.  The man has the
> Celtics poised, if he can sign Wesley and we get lucky in the lottery,
> Duncan and Van Horne, to return to being a good team in two years.  When
> was that going to happen before he took over?   Never was.
>

> Listen forget Pitino.  Have you heard the Knicks begging for him to come
> back.  Nope.  There is a reason he is coaching in the NCAA and not the
> NBA.  It has to do with where he is best suited.  He would not be good
> for this team.  Give me DJ.  Bring Larry in as ML's assistant and when
> they win 60 games in two years, promote him up and let Larry take over.

I have to disagree.  Pitino is the best thing that could happen to the
Celtics to rebuild this franchise and get real athletes to consider playing
here. The Knicks could sure use him they have did much lately, making the
playoffs only to get ousted isn't that successful to me.  M.L was a winner
in the NBA because of the big 3,  D.J & Ainge.  He was simply a mediocre
role player, nothing more.  Next thing we will want to bring Greg Kite in
as our big man coach because he was a winner in the NBA also !!!!

Bring in a real coach, not a player who wants to be a coach and is learning
on the job.  How many player coaches have actually been successful ??