Re: M.L. vs. Larry / "one good move..."

:

> >He has one good move (the Montross deal) balanced by several bad ones
> >(Barros, >Brown, Minor, Ellison, etc.).>
> >-Jeremy
>
> Paul M.
>
> Paul you are correct on the Brown & Wesley issues, Brown was a Gavitt
deal, & Wesley was quickly signed by M.L., but what has he did to bring top
notch free agents to Boston ?  Wilkins ? Ellison ? Brickowski ?  And what
about Barros & Radja huge contracts ?

Walker was a no brainer, who else were we going to pick ?  I do give the
organization credit for the Montross deal, not necessarily M.L.  How many
coaches having a year like this would still be around anywhere ?

You have also stated now that we have two lottery picks Larry wants in.
These two picks don't guarantee squat.  The Clippers, Dallas & Jersey have
had about 15 top ten picks in the last 8 years and they haven't gone
anywhere.  Remember Sam Bowie, Chris Washburn, Jon Koncak, Lionel Simmons,
Corliss Williamson, Donyell Marshall, Danny Ferry ? We could easily throw
away the future with some poor talent evaluation Van Horn-Ferry ?  Thomas
- -Marshall ? Jamison-Williamson ?

Give me Pitino any day.  And how soon we forget what the Celtics were like
in '79 before Larry came.