Re: M.L. vs. Larry

Jeremy P. Ryan wrote:

> <snip>
> > >ML is like a cult leader.. a very good talker,who can make anyone believe
> > >what >he is saying is true.
>
> > No...he's worked in the organization. Larry's the one who's done nothing
> > but talk. It seems to me that a lot people have bought into the "Bird Can
> > Do No Wrong" mythology.
> <snip>
>
> I just had to throw my opinion into this little debate. I think that if
> the Celtics can't get Rick Pitino to take over the operation ala Riley or
> Calipari, they should hire Larry for the GM and get a respectable coach
> like Westphal to run the floor. ML the Towel Boy irritates me. He has one
> good move (the Montross deal) balanced by several bad ones (Barros, Brown,
> Minor, Ellison, etc.). As for working within the organization, at least
> Larry has been scouting games for the C's. What did Towel Boy do before
> movin' on up? Public Relations. Yay, that takes a whole lot of hoops
> know-how.
<snip>

> -Jeremy
Folks, however you cut the deck ML is a winner.  He won in college, NAIA
championship at Guilford, and in the pros, Celtics.  The man has the
Celtics poised, if he can sign Wesley and we get lucky in the lottery,
Duncan and Van Horne, to return to being a good team in two years.  When
was that going to happen before he took over?   Never was.

Plus, he has developed a core group who has been through the baptism of
fire and not quit.  When these guys start winning, the sky's the limit.
It is so easy to get down on ML.  But, he had the plan and it looks like
he will pull it off.

Listen forget Pitino.  Have you heard the Knicks begging for him to come
back.  Nope.  There is a reason he is coaching in the NCAA and not the
NBA.  It has to do with where he is best suited.  He would not be good
for this team.  Give me DJ.  Bring Larry in as ML's assistant and when
they win 60 games in two years, promote him up and let Larry take over.

Someone save this and send it back to me in 1999, late April.  :-)
 --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net