Re: Is it recycled, for a moment?

In a message dated 9/25/2003 8:22:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kevinandt@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Pete's work has been sort of an autobiography
with twists.
So, it makes sense that this line continues.
I'm excited to experience it.
I'm hopeful it will blow me away.
I'm afraid it won't.
Kevin:

Yeah, I feel the same.  I was explaining it to my nephew at lunch today (he's
25) and he was impressed by the mirror thing. He was like "Man, who else
writes stuff like that guy?  Mirrors, flying kids, tortured lives, snakes in
ribcages..."  We talked about how it should be what Pete wants to get out from
within him and that it has to be real.  Maybe go for one hit.

I think (hope) Pete is actually into this one.  Not like the last two Who
albums that were forced/contractual obligations for the most part.  Like it was
said, good thing Roger will be heard from.  One thing I don't want is for Pete
to write just for the sake of putting something out. One reason I'm glad that
it's going to be a concept. The other thing I don't want is for Pete to make
it sound like a solo album.  It should rock.  And it will.

Like one thing, among many, that Scott and I discussed-as we were almost
being booty bumped as we sat by that couple that was freak dancing during the
entire set of The Amino Acids (!)- is that it will be nice to hear what ground
Pete could break these days.  What does that 58 year old man have to tell us?
Plenty.

We clapped and gave them a standing ovation as they left into the night.

Jon in Mi.