TKAA DVD on Amazon

Going on Amazon.com I was surprised when the TKAA DVD popped up as Amazon's
"Featured New Release" (perhaps initiated by my past purchases).

Here's Amazon's "editorial review:"

Half its members may be dead and its leader may be keeping a low profile,
but the Who remains enormously popular. Devotees who haven't availed
themselves of Jeff Stein's thrilling, self-mocking 1979 documentary about
the group shouldn't wait another minute now that the film has been pain-
stakingly--perhaps heroically--restored to its theatrical-release length
from original elements.

The sound is clearer than on previous video releases, images are once more
crisp and color-rich, and adjustments in tape speed make the Who sound
like themselves again, particularly in vintage television performances and
filmed club dates from as far back as the band's sonically thrilling, early
R&B period.

Special features are, shall we say, extensive: 100 or so minutes of
mult-iple-angle footage, an insightful interview with Roger Daltrey, a
featurette about the film's restoration, and a mesmerizing, isolated John
Entwistle audio track.

--Tom Keogh

- SCHRADE in Akron

Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope & the
telescope.
   - Theodore Roszak