Getting Into (or sick of) The Who

	>From: "Schrade, Scott
	>Subject: Getting Into (or sick of) The Who
>
>Have any of you had periods when you abandoned The Who?  Weeks or months
>when you listened to other artists & set The Who on the backburner?

First off, I need to clarify the "shitty" bands that I like.  I was too brief before.
Other than The Who, I've really gotten into Hendrix, Joplin, The Police, The Doors, Rush.
I'm still pissed at Sting for leaving The Police.  I strongly believe his career has suffered as a result.  The Police were poised to be really BIG.

In High School, I listened to them all, but still ultimately was a Who freak.  I then took a turn into B-52's (who I still really like), DK, Sex Pistols, and our local DC music scene as I left HS.  During this time (1983-4) I kind of left The Who behind.  Hell, they were idle, and there was much music to absorb then.  This carried me into college where I got into bands like English Beat, The Smiths, Snaid, Violent Fems, Uncle Frank, and the New Wave thang going on.  I had the long sweeping bangs to go along with that movement.  Around 1988, or so, I was given a cd version of Hooligans, my favorite album in HS.  I was back.  I listened to much Who then, and even remember riding a train in Germany passing out while listening to 5:15.  I was wearing eyeliner at the time too.  My Grandfather having recently died (was in Germany for a post funeral family reunion) really fucked me up.  I lost the only one who understood.
I remained loyal to The Who until Grunge offered an alternative.  I loved the movement, and still see it as the last fresh breath that we've seen.
Once that died down, back to The Who i went.
I still really miss Soundgarden.  A great band.

Now, other than Cake, I really don't listen to anything but The Who.
But, I have to say, that since the Pedophile thang broke, I haven't been really pulling Who CD's from the shelf, or *any* Cd's for that matter.  If they're on the radio, I listen.  I have a handful of Pete and Who cd's on the boat that I listen to when I get the opportunity.
But, it's fall again up here.  Leaves start falling...come down is calling.
My annual drive through the autumn leaves while re-visiting Quad is just down the road.
I thought about that the other day.
I'm getting excited.
I always scream.  I always get chills.  And, I usually always cry a bit.  It jars memories.  It's just that fucking powerful.

Ya got to stay open to good music when it comes down the road.
But, you always got to come home to mama.

Kevin in VT