Re: Getting Into (or sick of) The Who

Scott, re

> > Have any of you had periods when you abandoned The Who?  Weeks or months
when you listened to other
> > artists & set The Who on the backburner?

I rarely listen to any Who music now. The most recent, last saturday, was
the Pop goes Art CD - a fantabulous boot which is exquisitely packaged, like
it's brother, Instant Party. In fact I generally only listen to boots once,
when I acquire them. I think the last Who stuff I listened to before that
was a couple of the encore CD's I picked up in July.

I would say that 95% of the music I listen to in a year is non Who. Curently
playing is Stik & Hoodz; I'm thinking of getting "8 mile road" by eminem,
mainly because it's got a fabulous guitar riff, I've listened to a lot of
Yes and Metallica today, some Christine Aguillera on MTv, and a lot of Todd
Rundgren. I confidently expect to listen to some Pretenders later, and
probably no Who or solo stuff for another couple of weeks, unless I get the
urge to pick up a bootleg or a couple of the encore series.

Oh, and I've also been listening to some Bill Withers (please, please listen
to "I can't write left handed").

Incidentally, I'm looking forward also to listening to the new ZZ Top and
Iron Maiden CD's.

Before anyone says "why the fuck are you on this list", there isn't a band
or solo artiste that can compare to the Who for excitement, thought, and
sheer musical genius. Except for maybe Todd Rundgren. I don't intend to stop
listening to the Who, I just find, with 53 years gone, there's far too much
music to be listened to to spend all my time that's left listening to just
the Who.

And I decided after a discussion on my Todd list to get the Miles Davies out
again this week.

Cheers,

John