Re: TKAA review

Well, my wife and I watched the entire movie last
night; me for the first time in 24 years (saw it in
the theater and then decided not to get the VHS after
hearing how bad the transfer was) and my wife for the
first time ever.  She loved it!  Especially the
non-chrnonological elliptical anti-narrative approach.
She was envious when I pointed out that I saw the Who
just four months after the jaw-dropping cut from the
Detroit '75 Roadrunner/MG clip.  (She's become a big
fan and regularly exercises to my 2002 encore comp).

Kudos should really go to John Albarian for the great
job and effort he went into getting this project done.
Like Stein before him, he's done a signal effort to
save and preserve some of the brilliance, mayhem, and
humor of the world's greatest rock band.  Grainy film,
specks and hairs on the image, widely varying sound,
and missed shots come with the territory when dealing
with sources literally pulled from the dust bins and
back shelves.  For that reason none of the *flaws* -
like the somewhat grainy blowup of A Quick One from
Rock and Roll Circus, the fishtank sound of the
Shindig and Richmond clips, the dark picture from the
London Coliseum - bother me.  I'm thankful they got
rescued and we can all enjoy them now!

The Stein interview is great and what a debt we fans
owe to him. It's incredible that the film got made and
that his vision was largely realized. Interesting that
even with the film being made right in the middle of
tours that featured Quad numbers and the production of
the movie that not a trace of the album shows up in
the movie.  Stein seemed really enamored of the early
period, almost as if he knew that a distinct era was
already passed and in danger of being lost.

Love the Ox cam and multi-angle feature!  I've only
listened to the BOR Ox track but it does build in
complexity - not just 'dum - dum - dum' the whole
time. ANd it was cool being finally able to see where
the tamborine that Pete tosses ended up!  Watch out
Jeff!

Ken

=====
.