Re: Absorption

> So what is sinking in with me is that Pete is declaring he is
> "finished" in a matter of speaking by wanting to complete his
> autobiography and have it published.

I agree & I don't agree.  ;-)  I agree because the idea of finish-
ing one's autobiography does smack of closure & of a "looking back."

But I disagree because Pete's such a restless person/soul.  He can't
be pigeon-holed or tied down.

But then I ask myself:  Was this latest scandal enough of a shock
to him to make him say, "That's it.  I'm finished being in the spot-
light.  Time to slow down, take it easy, & just enjoy life.  No more
risks."?

Pete's never been one for engaging in long periods of complete seclu-
sion (notice I said "long periods" - I'm not counting the months of
recent silence brought on by legal restraints).  Even when The Who
was dormant, he was always doing *something.*

It's hard (!) to picture him just.....fading away.  Quietly.  Private-
ly.  It doesn't fit his character.

However, child porn allegations don't fit his character, either.  Who
can predict what his long-term reaction to all this might be.  As fans,
we'll have to be content with just guessing (never stopped us before).

One thing's for sure:  He's still an engaging, fascinating, troubled,
& unique person to me.  And I suspect he is to all of you, as well.

- SCHRADE in Akron