Re: Absorption

>From: Joe Lewinski
>Subject: Re: Absorption
>
>So what is sinking in with me is that Pete is declaring he is "finished" in
>a matter of speaking by wanting to complete his autobiography and
>have it published.

IIIIII'm not so sure.
First off, I think Scott has really got his finger on this pulse.

But, I think Pete's motivation regarding his diary is about showing people
that he really isn't a pedophile, and that he really *was* doing research
for his book and past sex abuse encounters.
Just can't imagine it will accomplish the goal there.

But, I don't see Pete as a quitter.
I see him as a defiant doer.
Once things in his immediate world get back to normal, he'll get back up on
that horse.
I agree with Scott that we'll more than likely see some solo shows.  This
will ease him back into the light under his own, non-"faker" or "clown"
terms.
Once that's done, I can already hear Roger pestering Pete to crank the beast
up again.
The clock is ticking though.

>With all due respect to Zak, I do not plan my life around what drummers
>for The Who have to say!

True enough.

> :-O

I can see your tonsils!!!!

>Now if Rabbit were to come forward with an opinion it might carry some
>weight!

I'm thinking Zak's relationship with Simon is giving him more than ample
access and insight, and thus weight.
Standard 'could always be wrong' disclaimers apply.

Just want to add that I too would not be upset if this were the end.  The
last tour *was* difficult.  It was great fun, but it was difficult.  I think
we were all battling the difficulty of the situation in our own ways.
Pretty thankful to have had the opportunity to do that amongst Who friends.

I really miss The Ox.

Kevin in VT