Re: Phoenix House disappointment

keets wrote: >>I'll bet the Phonenix victims would be
screaming just as loud if Pete had admitted to viewing
without paying, even if it was legal. This is great
free publicity for their cause.<<

Yes, I'm sure that's how they view it, keets.
Publicity for their cause. Right.

>>I agree that his reponse should have been a stronger
one. He should have blasted the Phoenix victims right
out of the water. Well, figuratively, anyway.<<

Uh huh, that would help Pete's cause immensely. His
sarcastic presumption to victimhood already does that.
I can't believe this is the same keets that
publicized the Michael Malone article and urged us all
to fight against child abuse web sites.
It's the same one. There's just something that strikes me wrong about this statement. I don't know what the credentials of this particular person are (isn't she a woman?). Maybe she's the world's biggest expert on child abuse and child porn, and a victim herself. Maybe she makes huge sacrifices to stop child porn. However, militant victims often drive people away from their cause; vindictiveness isn't attractive either as a fund-raiser or an incentive to participate. Plus, Pete is a marginal offender. By including his picture and trashing him on their website, this particular group is hurting their credibility--as if they can't distinguish harmless, well-intentioned rock stars from child molestors.

BTW, do you suppose this woman has ever seen child porn?

Pete's 'branded' entry has all the markings of a Sex
Addict in denial.  Yes, the Caution confirms the
consistency of his version of events but it also
signifies that he went over the line. His attitude
since he was free to speak, and remarks like yours, do
nothing but rub salt in the wounds of the victims he's
professed to support.
This may be so. I agree that this wasn't one of Pete's better posts. However, it is his typical ambivalence. Pete never seems to see anything in black and white. I imagine that he was very concerned with the victims he saw on these websites at the time, but his own problems have long since pushed this out of the forefront of his concerns.

keets