lawyers

> It's likely Pete's lawyer gave him the best advice at the time.  Reporting
> it might well have brought on the investigation and media frenzy that much
> earlier.  At that point, they couldn't have predicted the actual course of
> events and known that 1) the site would get busted, and 2)
> that Pete's
> credit card details would be unencrypted.

I disagree.  His lawyer should have contacted police with a hypothetical situation about an anonymous client who stumbled across an illegal site.  It's obviously water under the bridge, but knowing how Pete is, his lawyer should have handled it this way.  Couldn't we all have predicted that telling Pete to do nothing about something as close to him as child abuse would not be the end of the story?  Hell, police technically could have arrested him after his admissions in ADB.  Did that original lawyer's advice go out the window?

Mc