a cigar for the man

> Way to go Mc, a job well done.> > It takes balls to do what you did, believe me.  Radio personalities,> especially MORNING radio dj's, will try their hardest to humiliate and> crush anyone calling to oppose their opinions.  Trust me, I know, I used> to be one.  For you to take them on and field questions, > takes a lot of> courage.  Nice going.> > Jim in Colorado
Thanks, Jim.  Actually, I think the very opposite of the DJ's statement was true.  He said it was another case of a famous person getting lenient treatment due to his fame.  What average individual would have had 15 agennts searching his home and be taken away in handcuffs in front of a media frenzy?  Had it been Joe Smith, the police would have simply called him in for questioning and then searched his home.  For God's sake, Pete was the one who initiated the contact with the police after the news article appeared.  Authorities should have been sensitive toward's Pete reputation and allowed him to turn himself in and avoid the media frenzy.  Special treatment SHOULD be applied to famous people accused of a crime, because damage is so much greater to them even if they are innocent.  Those shots of Pete being taken from his home NEVER should have been allowed and were patently unfair.  The face of one who is in handcuffs ALWAYS looks guilty.
Mc