[no subject]

"I can remember when I was sixteen
sight for sore eyes, I must have been.

Used to hang with a pretty wild bunch
All our problems were solved, with a slap and a punch

Then I hit twenty one
A new chapter begun!

I look at the kids on the streets today
I think to myself, that they're ok
They're alright.

We're lucky, oh so lucky..................."

I don't know man, I think you're stretching here.
You think Roger's that dumb not to be familiar with that clichi ?
While I agree in the second verse he's talking about his toughness, there is
a distinct gap, a difference in feel and tone, between the fist where he
talks about age and "sight for sore eyes" and the second.  He's convening
two separate thoughts here.
One, that at sixteen he was a looker, as apposed to the old codger he's
become ;-).
Two, while a looker, he was a tough cracker.

"Sight for sore eyes, I must have been".
Says to me, he's talking about someone else's visual perspective of him.
Showing modesty.  Youth and beauty.
He *knows* he was tough, as stated in the second verse.

>Those types of people are hardly "sights for sore eyes."  Unless of course
>you were actually *in* trouble yourself, & Daltrey was coming to your
>rescue.  Maybe *that's* what he means.  ;-)

Hey, you in there!
Put down the bong and step away from the table!
;-)

*KEVIN* in VT