Yawn... have to set the record straight with Kevin AGAIN... truce proposal

>From: "L. Bird"
>Subject: Re: Yawn... have to set the record straight with Kevin AGAIN...
truce proposal

>>>I know everyone feels they have to defend their honor (and that of their
friends)

>>Well, now I think you're addressing me directly. That's not how it is
Lela. It's just that some of us don't forget as easily as others do,
apparently.

>We all do this. I admit to it myself, and just last night Jon sent me email
asking if I wanted assistance on another list.

And I've posted in your defense in the past too.  But, in this particular
situation, there was no defense of a friend.

>This is the payoff that trolls get from messing with a list, I guess.

I guess.

> I asked what happened WITH Jeff, though. I don't understand how the fight
managed to escalate the way it did. It seemed to start off with hurt
feelings and just >got uglier and nastier.

I would imagine that would be a question to pose to Jeff, and not one to be
discussed here.  I have my point of view, and others who were paying
attention have theirs, I'm sure.
I just know that I wouldn't like to be discussed without being present.
I notice that he doesn't post on O&S anymore either.
Perhaps it's just a matter of preferring the safe and strictly enforced
environment of The Shout, where anyone stepping "out of line" gets booted.
I understand it's a closed list now, too.

For me, it makes me appreciate that levity Paul gives us to express
ourselves and work through differences.  But IMO, this also shouldn't be
taken advantage of.

Kevin in VT