Something Trivial

>From: "Schrade, Scott"
>Subject: Something Trivial
>
>During Daltrey's autobiographical singing segment at the end of "The Kids
>Are Alright" (the song - as it was performed on the last tour), he says,
>"I remember when I was 16 (?), what a sight for sore eyes I must've been."
>
>Daltrey is unconsciously transferring the negative connotations of the ad-
>jective "sore" from the viewer's eyes to his young rough appearance!  In
>short, he's using the cliche' incorrectly.

I always thought he just meant that as you get older, you get uglier.
Like babies are soooo cute, and old men are kind of funny looking (big ears
and nose, etc.).
Don't forget, Rog was quite a looker in his day.  We know from Pete he's got
the notches on his bed-post to prove it (hell, spell check for Daltrey is
adultery ;-).

Kevin in VT